Fabric face mask is a reusable alternative of single-use medical masks. It allows to reduce spreading of virus with sneezing or coughing and protects you from virus’ penetration when touching your nose and mouth with uncleaned hands. Mask is made of three layers of high-quality knitted 100% cotton fabric with total density 360 gr/m2. It has no filters or impregnation. Different colors are available, please check when ordering.
Please consider that all types of masks, reusable or not, are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water, using of sanitizers end strengthen the immunity.
World Health Organization recommends to use the masks in the next cases:
- If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with flu symptoms.
- Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.
Medical department of the government site of Hong Kong insists that the face should be protected with the mask if:
- you were in close (less than 2 m) contact with persons who had some flu symptoms. In this case you should use the mask during at least 10 days after that contact;
- you visit or are working in a medical institution;
- you visit some crowded or insufficiently ventilated places like metro, office, classroom, supermarket;
- your job is related with food, delivery service or public transport.
How to put on, use, take off a mask:
- 1. Before putting on a mask, clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- 2. Cover mouth and nose with mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask.
- 3. Avoid touching the mask while using it; if you do, clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- 4. Replace the mask with a new one as soon as it is damp but not more than in 2 hours.
- 5. To remove the mask: remove it from behind (do not touch the front of mask);
- 6. Clean the mask: wash it in hot water with delicate unscented detergent and iron both sides. Would be good to place near the door a special bowl to put the mask into for the further cleaning.
- 7. Clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
Color: black, white, multicolor (check when ordering)
Hand washable 600